Monday, January 13, 2014

tyson foods is recalled 33,000 pounds of chicken they put out that has salmonella

Source - Tyson Foods is voluntarily recalling 33,840 pounds of uncooked, mechanically separated chicken that may contain salmonella. Seven people have reported illnesses linked to the chicken. Approximately 846 cases of the recalled chicken were produced on Oct. 11, 2013. Cases were shipped to institutional customers in California, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Nevada, New Jersey, Ohio and Wisconsin.  


I am fucked. Less than 3% chance I don't have salmonella. This is all I eat. I told my boy Stu over Christmas that my daily routine is I wake up in the morning, grab the old bag of pistachio nuts that has been empty for weeks and I smell it for about 20 seconds. Thats breakfast. For lunch I eat one can of tuna that I dump soy sauce on because I can't afford to buy mayo. For dinner I buy tyson chicken in bulk and grill it. Sometimes I keep it in the fridge too long and it smells like shit and turns weird colors but I always figured if you just grill the shit out of it then you're all good. So now not only are these tenderloins a treasure trove of bacteria I've got salmonella to deal with too? It was nice knowing you fellas, just know I died doing what I love. Sleeping through my alarm, blogging, and drinking too much chasing a pipe dream that will never come true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment