Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dwyane Wade makes the greatest pass in any sport ever to Lebron James while playing for the best team that has ever existed at any level


The Washington Post - Dwyane Wade "probably threw the best pass in NBA history," according to the recipient of that pass, LeBron James, in the Miami Heat's 110-103 victory over the Pacers in Indianapolis.
It was ridiculously good, that 90-foot, first-quarter Wade-to-James bomb for an easy touchdown field goal.
"That was like Aaron Rodgers to Greg Jennings right there. That was right on point," James said. "The ball was in the air so long I was telling myself, 'I'm running out of room. I'm running out of room. When this ball going to land?' "
Great win for us tonight in Indy! @dwadeofficialwent Ham tonight and probably threw the best pass in NBA history. Check it outless than a minute ago via ÜberTwitter
"I've never seen that before," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra told the Miami Herald. "Really, that was a spectacular play that looked like Randy Moss going deep and it shows, you know, Dwyane will brag about his football-throwing ability, but to be able to catch it in midair and find the basket, gather himself and then lay in an alley-oop from 90 [feet], I don't think I've seen that before in this league."
"I never knew how Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Jay Cutler felt or those guys felt," Wade told the Indianapolis Star, "but I did on that one. I felt that was a perfect pass. You've got a great receiver at the end of it, and LeBron made it look good."

The only thing that has ever been more over hyped than this pass was the 2010/11 Miami Heat. Fuck this pass. Don't get me wrong it was a perfect ball. And I also kinda like DWade. I liked him a lot before this year, its not his fault Lebron and Bosh are his bitches. But please kid, don't bring TB12 into this. Brady was making this pass during second team reps in 2001 and makes it now during pregame walk-throughs with his fucking eyes closed. If that had been Tommy out there he wouldn't even have passed it to Lebron. He would have just thrown it straight in. PTI put this pass in its place ranking it just below Hill to Laettner which was like whatever, he just chucked the ball to the dude. Now, if Lebron had dunked this somehow, which would have been ungodly, then we would have a different story. But in the end all it was was a solid throw down the court for a layup. Great placement, great timing, but nothing special. I mean did Lebron see Pistol Pete play? I guess not actually but he has certainly seen clips. Did he see Magic play? Has he seen this youtube video: larry bird greatest passer? Christ has he seen Rondo play? And he is going to sit there and tell me that this is the best pass in NBA history. What has this pass ever done besides be flashy and be impossible to execute vs a good team? In fact it reminds me a lot of Lebron himself in that way. Besides, I would take that awesome fast break where Pierce tipped the ball over his head backwards to Rondo who found a streaking Allen for the layup over this pass everyday of the week and twice on a Wednesday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment