Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fuck You Phil Kessel

Recap

So Phil the Thrill finally got the Bruins monkey off his back and scored a goal against his former team, and not only was it two for Tuesday for Phil, but he also did them with style.

This was a really tough game for the spoked Bs. I thought after taking a more skilled older sibling to weaker younger sibling beating from the Red Wings in two straight this was going to be a great bounce back game for the black and gold. Help bolster that draft pick and grab two points with one swift backhand.

The Bs came out flying and after a lucky bounce on the Paille goal looked in position to take it to these bottom dwellers. Unfortunately, the Bruins abysmal penalty killing as of late helped the momentum swing back into the Leafs favor after Kessel slapped a rebound home out of mid air chest high.

When this game went into the third 2-2 I remember thinking to myself that I was going to write this was a great win for the Bs. A real grind it out win. The type that good teams always get when they are playing terrible opponents and don't have their best stuff. They find ways to win one goal games vs shitty teams. And when Bergeron put that one home halfway through the third to go up 3-2 I figured aside from an empty netter that would just about do it.

But we hadn't heard the last from Phil. After picking up a turnover in the neutral zone Kessel undressed Ference and then baffled Timmy T on the power play again to tie the game with about 6 minutes remaining. Another poor defense effort by Seidenberg and Ference let Grabovski get some room wide and score the winner over Thomas' shoulder with a minute left. Grabovski had 2 to go with Kessel's 2 and the Bruins will take no points from a game they most certainly should have won.

Now it sucks to lose Savard for the year, even though his stats weren't on par with what we've come to expect. He is still another pivot in the lineup that can settle things down and control the puck. However, the Bruins still have the skill at center to keep this team moving in the right direction.

Bergeron is probably the most trusted guy on the team, if the game is tied in the last minute and you need a center he is getting the call. But Krejci has to be the dopest player on the team. Always moving always wheeling always dealing. His pass to Paille at the end of the first should have been an easy goal, as well as that first power play midway through the second on the pass to Lucic that he rung off the post. Unfortunately for Krejci today, he doesn't want me to start talking about easy goals because he was all Swedish and no Finish. He had a mini breakaway in the second on the PP after a feed from Lucic that he put over the bar, and about two more golden opportunities on shots from the slot, but none worse than the one that came as the seconds ticked away in regulation. The puck slid to him all alone 5 feet from goal with Reimer down but he couldn't elevate.

Krejci always reminds me of a young me running up and down the seacoast dominating squirt leagues. I was the classic 'oh quiet night for #13 tonight right? He didn't do much.' Check the score card, 5 assists. I was sneaky like that. I didn't have the scoring touch yet, that would come (which still makes my wonder why Chiarelli isn't blowing up my phone lines) but I could really dish it. I'm not saying I have your moves Krej, but seriously dude, I think I put that one in.

No comments:

Post a Comment