Thursday, February 17, 2011

On the Road Again

RECAP

The Bs snapped their 3 game skid tonight by pounding the lowly Icelanders. We will take the two points anyway we can get them these days, even if this game wasn't the Bruins at their best. Its always important to start a long road trip out with a win, and thats exactly what we did.

I have felt bad for Tuukka all year. I thought last year he was the future of the team, and still think that, but was bummed to see him fall back a little bit this year. Thomas has been great, I can't complain, but I just never trust him. But while I don't think Rask's record accurately illustrates his level of play, he has certainly let in some softies this season, so Thomas will be the guy heading into the playoffs.

Tuukka made some timely stops today, which he has been doing a bit more of late, and I can't fault him too much for the goals today. Tavares' goal was my only issue. Sick shot, but Tuk went down a little early and left that near post open. But at the end of the day 34 saves and a win is all I can ask for.

The Icelanders lost this one early as inept goaltender Nathan Lawson was peppered for three goals in the first. It took five to finally yank him and the Icelanders sent in the back up. They have played six different goalies over the course of this season, one shy of the NHL record, and I felt bad for them when they sent out Alvaro Montoya. I pictured him sitting in the crease muttering, 'you killed my teammate, prepare to die', but he only let the red light show one more time for the rest of the night. Either way the damage had been done and the Bs got a 6-3 win before they welcome Chris Kelly to the club to face off against his former team.

Finally, I'm so glad I talked about the dopeness of Krejci the other day because he had a great one tonight with a goal and an assist. The assist on the Lucic goal was a play that he no look kicked to Lucic while being tied up in front of the net off a rebound and it was one of the prettier and more heads up plays you are going to see anywhere in the league. God I love that guy. The Bs are going to need him to be at his best if they are going to make waves in the playoffs.

Good game from Seguin too. A goal and as assist for him should help keep Chris Kelly from completely wiping our number 2 overall draft pick off the active roster. I hope he keeps it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment