Friday, December 13, 2013

Lance Armstrong says if he could do it all over again he would still cheat

Soruce - In an interview with ESPN the Magazine, Armstrong said that -- faced with widespread cheating in his sport -- he would do it all over again and that authorities singled him out because of his contentious nature.
"I knew what my competitors were doing," he was quoted as saying. "We [his U.S. Postal Service team] were doing less. We were more conservative, and that's the reason we were never going to be caught."

"If we're going to be honest, then just say, 'He's a [jerk]. We had to go after him. He tested positive for being the biggest [jerk] in the world.' Fair. I can live with that.
"To say that he cheated his competitors? Ask them! Ask my competitors."


I would be lying if I said I didn't respect Lance's hustle. Hate him for being a douche, don't hate him for cheating. Every single person in that race all seven years was cheating. I'm not using hyperbole here. Every. Single. Person. So what did Lance really do here? He won seven races on an even, but elevated playing field. He looks like an ass because he denied it so passionately, but I'm not sure he had a choice there either. The world would have had his head if he said fuck yea I cheated but so did everyone else. Deny til you die. Unfortunately for him it came back around. But he didn't win because of blood doping. He won because he was better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment