Thursday, December 5, 2013

Living the Dream Part 5



Went hard body through alumni channels today trying to get some contacts. Probably hammer emailed 15 people in the business singing my sob story about how my passion brought me out here, I just need the right environment to shine.

Got three responses. Slightly encouraging actually. Set up two meetings, one phone meeting. Now don't get me wrong. Each of these will result in said contact passing me on to someone else who's time I can waste while getting me absolutely no where. But it just keeps the spirits up when you have some personal contact with someone other than the homeless dude who keeps his shopping cart in front of my building.

The thirteen others, why you acting so messed up towards me? All I want is a response. Even if you cant help me. An email that reads "Fuck Off" helps me sleep better than the no answer.

Also went to some new bar I found out here. Read about it online, seemed legit, so I went there before they opened, resume in hand. (restuarant resume, not movie business resume) I push open the door and the first employee who sees me immediately looks to the clock because they aren't open yet. She tells me as much and I say I know, I'm hoping to talk to a manager. What about? She asks. I'd like to inquire about a job. She smiles and disappears, I stuff my hands in my pockets and try not to look like the piece of shit that I am while all the other hipster employees eye me like I'm steven fucking glansberg. She returns alone and goes, "yea umm you can just leave your resume with me." I had it over and bounce. Classic blow off. Gotta respect it. Nothing you can do. They're classics for a reason.

PF rating: 4.3

No comments:

Post a Comment