Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Altadena Resident Builds Rose Bowl and Super Bowl in his Yard

Source - So you think you did a pretty good job decorating the yard last weekend, right?
Check out Geoff Thran's holiday display, his field of dreams, with markings that mimic the real Rose Bowl so well that you have to look at the adjacent yards and sidewalk to confirm it's actually only 40 feet long.
To Thran, his replica Rose Bowl is an annual art project, an ode to the game he loves. He likes to do it all himself, starting with the right fonts, then tracing the logos themselves by flashing them against his garage wall...



As a guy who was always jealous of my friend that built a rink in his backyard every winter, and as a guy who can get down with some back yard pig skin, this looked prettyyyyyy cool. Then I read that this thing is 40 feet long. Is that a typo? That's barely 10 yards! My brain can't process that. I have no perspective. If I was lying down on the field in this picture would I be a spec or would I stretch sideline to sideline.? Are those the tops of trees or the heads of broccoli? 

No comments:

Post a Comment