Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Down Town K Town


I live in Central LA, five minutes from KTown. Now I love me some Chinese food, so naturally being in a new area one of my first priorities is finding my new Chinese food spot. My issue is I can't yelp or google anything like 'Chinese food near me' because K Town is so full of Asian establishments the search engine is on overload.

A quick wikipedia search for K Town will tell you this: According to the Los Angeles Times, it is the most densely populated district by population in Los Angeles County, with some 120,000 residents in 2.7 square miles, most of them low-income apartment-dwellers.
Yup, sounds about right. 

I'm told the food is good but I've been to three places and I have no clue what's going on. Why so complicated? Let me simplify it for you:

a) have good sesame chicken
b) have crab rangoon
c) have obscene dinner specials made for four that I will eat alone
d) have lunch deals that are scarily cheap, like wait is this even food 
e) deliver, you idiot

Finally, why are they always screaming at me? It's like they see me coming, the unassuming white boy with the maxed out debit card, and they get ready to shoot me down. Sorry I don't speak Asia. Why you bringing an AK to a food fight? 

No comments:

Post a Comment