Thursday, December 12, 2013

FCC is going to lift ban on in-flight cell phone use

Source - The Federal Communications Commission voted 3-2 Thursday to consider lifting its ban on in-flight cell phone use. Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx said in a statement to CNN that he is looking into the possibility of banning in-flight calls, citing its aviation consumer protection authority. The DOT will determine whether allowing calls is “fair to consumers.”
Many people consider the idea of cell phone conversations annoying in the close confines of a plane, and some are casting it as a consumer rights issue.

I haven't turned my phone off on a plane since once in the last decade. No exaggeration. Don't know why, I basically hide it in my pocket for fear of being yelled at. I just leave it on to make a point that it literally has no impact on the plane's instruments. The stupid thing is no one sees me making this point but me. It's like this little personal victory I care about for no reason. 

Anyway, I'm begging the FCC to not fuck this up. Allow phones, because as I said, it does nothing bad. Just please please please please don't allow phone calls. Plane rides are so boring. They are begging for a time killer. And if I have to listen to people yammer away into their iphone when I'm trying to watch sportscenter on jetblue we are going to have a massive issue. No one has anything cool to talk about except me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment