Monday, December 2, 2013

I could use a little more No-Mah in my life

Source - Nomar Garciaparra joins Dodgers broadcasting crew

Real sneaky fact about me I don't like talking about: I fucking hated Nomar his rookie year. Kid hit .306 with 30 dingers and played all star short stop. Hated him. I loved John Valentine, the Red Sox current short stop, with a fiery passion. I wore number 13 in every sport I ever played cause of Valentine. Then this up start, first pitch swinging, OCD asshole stole John's job. 

Needless to say, Nomar was one of the greatest players I ever had the privilege of watching growing up. I wish he had a ring with us, I'm glad he got to a retire a Red Sox on that one day contract, and he has a beautiful, well-built, three bedroom place in my heart forever. When he returned to Fenway with the A's in 09 I'll be god damned if I wasn't crying right there with him. 

Good to see him get some work. At least it's a step up from this:





No comments:

Post a Comment