Thursday, December 12, 2013

So many people die out here


I try not to blog about news stories when people die. And I try to keep this shit LA fresh when I am looking for whats going on around me, specifically central LA.

You would be stunned, STUNNED, how many people die here. Like I go to news outlets looking for something funny to joke about and literally every story is about a murder, a disappearance, or a suicide. I've never lived in Detroit, obviously, but I have lived in Boston. It's not like this there. And I grew up in a small town in Maine where someone dies of natural causes once everything three years and we hold a town wide service for them.

It got me thinking, am I a pussy, and because of that is there is a chance I get killed out here? Yes and yes. I am so unassuming, I think that nothing bad will ever happened to me. I black out and can't afford cabs so I stumbled around LA at 4am in my untucked pastel button down and skinny jeans twice a week. I do think I have life insurance though. At least when I get murdered out here it will be the first source of income I've had in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment