Monday, December 2, 2013

Wal-Mart Bomb Scare

Source Police evacuated dozens of people from a shopping center in downtown Long Beach after a report of a bomb threat inside a Wal-Mart store. 

The Sheriff's Department bomb squad responded to the store, according to Sgt. Aaron Eaton of the Long Beach Police Department.
The possible bomb threat was reported about 1:30 p.m. at 151 5th Street near Long Beach Boulevard, Eaton said.  The Wal-Mart is in the City Place shopping center.
Several streets into the shopping center were shut during the investigation. Authorities cleared the scene at 4:19 p.m. after determining there was no danger.


One of my friends on the east coast literally just texted me and 'wanted to make sure I was OK'. So if you're keeping score at home this kid thinks that I am in a Wal-Mart in Long Beach in the middle of a Monday. LA is huge but that is not close. Also, is he dialed in to the Southern California police blotter? 

Either way, I looked up the story. "Dozens of people" were evacuated? You're telling me there were 24 people in Wal-Mart? That's low right? Am I crazy? Cyber Monday putting an absolute beat down on this Wal-Mart. Whatever, they probably needed a few days to clean up the dead bodies left in the wake of Black Friday. So much drama in the LBC indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment